Develop tools and models to analyze and improve Company financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions. The data analyst is a key player in company profit improvements using analytical tools to help in understanding and accelerating the business. Responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis and reporting capabilities, as well as monitoring performance. Our business is in an exciting and rapidly evolving industry that requires constant innovation and evaluation.
- Development of vendor pricing database and maintain integrity of the tool. Includes any data population and defining process for monthly maintenance.
- Support further development of logistics mapping software; includes data input for new vendors, identifying gaps in supply or cost issues, and utilizing tool to optimize vendor assignment to customer locations.
- Definition and generation of monthly reporting for key material price trends and forecast; recommending actions to management.
- Coordinate reports and KPI dashboard for the supply chain and customer service functions.
- Assist in development of vendor scorecard; support process and reporting at frequency defined.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Updating of vendor pricing in ERP system as approved by VP of Supply Chain.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Define new process improvement opportunities or refine current processes within Supply Chain.
- Develop and maintain vendor information, such as certificate of insurance and quality documents, to ensure accuracy and active coverage.
- Offer insights to all aspects of the organization – product, marketing, engineering, finance.
Note: Other duties and responsibilities performed as assigned.
Education / Professional Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business or Finance from an accredited college or university, with a graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
- 4-8 years of experience in analytical or financial position.
- Knowledge and experience with mapping / geo visualization / data analytics software (i.e. eSpatial or Tableau preferred).
- Strong financial analysis skills including financial planning and forecasting, with exposure to mergers/acquisitions projects a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a proven relationship builder. Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and translate date into relevant business review.
- Ability to observe, receive and obtain information from all relevant sources including ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite knowledge is a plus), the internet, vendors and external databases.
- Proficient analytical skills and ability to combine information to form general conclusions from the dataset.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Problem solver with ability to analyze and evaluate results and best solutions to resolve challenging issues.
- Innate curiosity, intuitive and insightful, with a keen sense of how to create value for the company.
- High-energy with a motivation to take on challenges that create opportunities.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Access modeling.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
Critical Success Factors
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and technical skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate; learns new methods and technologies easily.
Keeping on Point
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial; quickly senses the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that add value and prioritizes accordingly.
Managing Work Processes
- Is an effective process, workflow, and systems designer; is good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; always looking for incremental process improvement.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Transparent and collaborative with PE partners
- Proactively reviews all work processes for improvements that benefit full organization, rather than waiting to do this reactively when a problem arises.